Another Stormy Night




Spring in Texas means storms. Several towns around us had hail the size of baseballs and a tornado was spotted about 30 miles from us but our little town was spared from any thing bad. Lots of lightening though. I was determined to get some shots of the lightening and took about 200 pictures hoping to capture a strike but out of all those shots, I only managed to get about 5 and none were great pictures. When the strikes got close, I high-tailed it for the house. I don't mind admitting to being a chicken when it comes to thunder and lightening.

A cold front came in and although today was hot and sticky, tomorrow will be cool and in the morning it might be wood stove weather again. I won't mind a bit. A nice cup of tea, a slice of warm bread with molasses on it, and a good book will be a pleasant change from the busy-ness of the past week or so.

On the way to the Doctors office today with Melanie, we saw a coyote waiting along side the road trying to decide if he could make it across or not, wish I had my camera with me, he looked so pretty standing in the bluebonnets. All is well with the baby, but "Dr Doom", as I now call him, spouted off the same gloom and doom lines to Melanie. I got to see the baby breathing in and out on the ultra-sound. Amazing !

She has another appointment this week with the good Doctor in the big city. He is far more upbeat and encouraging. Keep Melanie in your prayers, she is not sleeping at night at all and is so tired.

Her little size 4 body has a 44 inch waist and thats just not comfortable.
Photos:
The evening sky clouding over.
in the bottom right hand corner of the second photo there is a bit of lightening. Hardly shows unless you click the picture to make it bigger

Comments

Marci said…
I am glad you are all safe and sound.

How often does Melanie have to go to Mr. Doom and Gloom?
Sunny said…
Strange how sometimes the best sky pics are obtained when futily trying to capture lightening.
Patty said…
Marci, she has to see him TWICE a week. I feel we should all pray that the negetivity that he spouts off will not be taken in by her brain.
Patty said…
Yes, Sunny that is true, but I really wanted a good shot of a lightning bolt. When they were close, I chickened out and went inside : )

Popular Posts