Morning Ramble


The dew was heavy this morning, calling for my red wellies. They sort of clash with my dainty print skirt but no one was going to be seeing me. The sky started out cloudy and gray but has given way to baby blue with spots of clouds, reminding me of when a babies room walls are decorated with powder blue sky dotted with fluffy clouds.

I decided that mowing is a must today, no matter what else tries to take me away from this chore, I cannot wander from the job at hand. A simple lunch it will be, baquette with cheese and a nice glass of Greek iced coffee. Perhaps a piece of fruit too.

The green of spring is so vibrant, so bold. I miss having grazing animals at this time of year, they are such content mowers. Keeping the speedy growing grasses under control. Most days I have a yearning for farm animals again, but then I wonder if that is how I want to spend my money and time these days. No one ever much talks about how much money it costs to have goats, sheep etc. If you don't grow your own hay and grain, its a costly venture if you want to feed them for production. Many times our animal feed bill per month was more than our families grocery bill for the month. Of course the animals did provide us with milk, cheese and eggs and some of our meat. We showed our animals so they had to be in tip top shape for that.

The day is slipping by rather quickly, so time for me to get to work cutting the grass, soaking up the suns rays and being grateful for this simple part of the world I call home.

Comments

Popular Posts