Tuesday, April 10, 2007
50 Things That Make You Happy
Every once in a while I make a list for myself of 50 things that make me happy. There are certain things like family that are always on the list, and roses seem to make each list, but as the seasons change, or my mood, there are new additions to the list.
It's a bit therapeutic to make lists of the things that make us happy and going beyond 10 or 20 things makes you think, makes you think about the good in life and how far it reaches. I keep a few of these lists and take them out and look at them when its a "not so good" of a day.
Make yourself a list, have your husband make a list, have your children make a list, they can have 20 things on the list, 50 is a lot for some small children.
And if you are reading this, consider yourself tagged !
here is my list of 50 things today that make me happy... they are not in any particular order.
1. Emery, everything about him !
2. Melissa & James
3. Melanie & Casi
4. Steven & Priscilla
5. My dad
6. My sisters
7. My old friends, yes Rondi and Sunny, thats means you. Peggy are you out there ???
8. My Cousins and Aunts
9. Bird feeders
12. The new duckling
15. The green of spring
19. That the world is not a random happening
20. People that reach beyond themselves to help others
22. Whole Foods Market
23. Hand knit socks in wild colors
24. Starbucks with a friend
27. A field of bluebonnets
28. Hiking with Emery all day
29. Good champagne
30. Dancing in the living room with Emery
31. Phone calls from my children
32. Becoming a grandma
33. That Melanie wants me there when the baby is born
34. The feel and smell of a leather bound book
35. Holding hands with Emery
36. Being married
37. Being able to always be home and not have to work
38. Memories of the homeschool years
39. Brunch at LaMadelines
40. A great bargain
41. Old linens
42. A letter in the mail
43. learning a new story about my ancestors
44. The scent of roses on fresh sheets
45. Wildcrafting herbs
46. Kite flying
47. Blowing bubbles with Emery on a windy day
48. having the house all clean
49. Baking a treat that everyone loves
50. knowing the my days of using dial up are almost over !
51. yes, I know I said 50 but...when the scale says I have lost weight, that always makes me happy !!!!
In mid January, we saw the passing of my father and after nearly two years of caring for him, it was so hard to see him leave u...
Both Gohn Brothers and GVS have some good old fashioned quilting supplies. Gohn Brothers sells fabric along with many other Old Order Ami...
We eat almost no meat, haven't ever. I will eat a small amount of meat at times if we go out to eat, but never pork. Melissa was talk...