Weight Watchers Update


The pictures I am posting are proof that what you want in life requires hard work.
I am hot and sweaty after running two miles. I am hugging my big yellow ball after doing 100 crunches.
The pictures are honest and open pictures of my not so easy journey to change the outside of me to fit the inside of me. The physical side to match up with what I feel on the inside.
Mondays seem to be a good day to update you all on my Weight Watchers experience. Tomorrow morning I will head off to the meeting and get weighed.
Not sure what makes it different this time with my weight loss journey, but something is. Perhaps, it is that I have finally surrendered to the fact that there is no quick fix, no easy plan, no one else is responsible for where I am and maybe, this time, I feel ready, really ready to do what it takes.
Every single day I have worked out in some form or another. It feels good too.
The keeping track of all the food I eat has been easier for me than I thought it would. Perhaps just another aspect of surrendering to the knowledge that I am fat because I eat too much. Plain and simple.
The way to not eat too much is to track what I eat.
On Thursday, when I took Pricilla and her mother shopping, they wanted pizza for lunch. I went, I ate and I had to use some of the flex points that day.
But I did that, instead of saying, "oh well, I blew it, might as well have a candy bar". I got right back on track, no quilt, no beating myself up. Just went over my points, took some from the flex points, (you have so many extra points you can use during the week) and got back in the saddle.
I keep seeing those two friends of mine, who have lost so much and feel inspired. I keep thinking about how I want to do yoga better. I am flexible as all get out but fat gets in the way. It does. I want to run faster, and you need to be light for that. I want to go the store, find something I like and know it will look o.k. I want to sit in the Doctors office and not dread having to be weighed. I want things like that more than I want more food than I should eat.
I want to look like how I feel in the deepest parts of my being. Be in sync. Have the outside match the inside.
Life after 50 has been incredible for me. Time to work on the things I can now freely admit needs change in me. There is no need to play games or pretend you are something or try to be something you really don't want to be. It feels like enlightenment to me, a small piece of it anyway.
Every once in a while someone will say to me, "you are so open and say things so freely", and its true I do. I have no problem admitting to my faults, if I don't change is almost impossible and my life work is to become a better person. That takes changing behaviors and attitudes that are not right.
There are a few things I know from admitting my faults. Once I own them, they are mine. Mine to work on. Once I speak about them openly, gossip about them from others is gone. Saying you do such and such and want to change, takes the joy out of gossip from others. It is no longer a secret and juicy stuff to spread around. And if you think you are hiding something, you probably are not.
I know someone who has become grouchy, and short tempered lately. Well, everyone who knows her is talking about it. "She is stressed." "What is wrong with her ?" "She needs a life". " Do you want to know what she said last week ?" It's the topic of every conversation from those that know her. Couldn't possibly say anything to her, she would become defensive, deny it and then perhaps slam the phone down in your ear. So, imagine now, she says to someone, " I have been so short tempered lately. I need help in changing this in myself". The gossip would be gone in no time. Of course at first it would be, "do you know what she said....?" but then it would be conversations of praise and compassion for her and admiration for her. The environment for change for her would be open and helpful.

I suspect weight loss is a bit like that too for some. Saying it, openly working on it, and building a net work of support is where success can be found.
Some folks are afraid to say they are working on weight loss because they have it in their mind they are already going to fail and they don't want people to know they are failing again. Defeatist attitude is not the attitude of a winner. Something has to change deep inside them to get past that.

When I am on my treadmill, I look straight at a poster. The poster is an inspiration to me. Its words that fit for any dreamer with a dream they want to become a reality.
It takes work to get what you want. It takes work to raise a family, to keep a good marriage, to keep a tidy house, to make beautiful quilts, to knit two socks, to write a book, to grow spiritually, to grow emotionally, to love unconditionally, to be kind and compassionate, to remove unhealthy anger from your life, to prepare for life's changes and yes, to loose weight and to get physically fit.

Here is what my poster by my treadmill says......

To Achieve Your Dreams, Remember Your ABCs
by Wanda Carter


A -void negative sources, people, things and habits.
B -elieve in yourself.
C -onsider things from every angle.
D -on't give up and don't give in.
E -njoy life today: yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come.
F -amily and Friends are hidden treasures. Seek them and enjoy their riches.
G -ive more than you planned to give.
H -ang on to your dreams.
I -gnore those who try to discourage you.
J -ust do it!
K -eep on trying, no matter how hard it seems. It will get better.
L -ove yourself first and foremost.
M -ake it happen.
N -ever lie, cheat, or steal. Always strike a fair deal.
O -pen your eyes and see things as they really are.
P -ractice makes perfect.
Q -uitters never win and winners never quit.
R -ead, study and learn about everything important in your life.
S -top procrastinating.
T -ake control of your own destiny.
U -nderstand yourself in order to better understand others.
V -isualize it.
W -ant it more than anything.
X -ccelerate your efforts.
Y -ou are unique of all of Nature's creations. Nothing can replace you.
Z -ero in on your target, and go for it!!

I'll let you all know tomorrow how I did at WW

Comments

I wish you well with this endevour! I have lost ten pounds over seven weeks and have twenty still to go. This will bring me to the top (for my height) of those "healthy weight" charts the doctor gives you. Our visions of ourselves can often become so skewed we sometimes have no ideaa of what a healthy body looks like. It's hard to find a reasonable weight for yourself in this day and age...it's an age of binge and purge in so many ways!
Patty said…
Good work on the weight loss. I agree that what our visions of our own bodies can be a bit off the mark. I will settle for a healthy weight where I don't feel like I am backpacking with a large pack on !
I was never skin and bones and don't want to be. Just healthy feeling
Genuine Lustre said…
Patty, I would just love to give you a hug. I think if we were neighbors, we would be great friends. I harbor a large hippy ( think Ina May Gaskin and "The Farm") streak and affinity for wildcrafting, drinking tea and wearing long dresses. And yet, I am currently on a "dump the frump" campaign. Split personality!
I feel like you are me, 10 years down the road.
Anonymous said…
I just started reading your blog not so long ago. I starting my own blog Sept. 26th.
You have lead such an interesting life. I can tell you are a determined lady and that you will lose the extra weight. I have 30 lbs to lose myself and you are an inspiration to me. I'll be checking in from time to time for you to inspire me so keep up the good work!:))
Take care,
Salina

Popular Posts