Honesty about Weight Loss

Seems like the last two weeks I have been just "sittin' on the dock of the bay wasting time" as the song goes.

First week at Weight Watchers I was so gun ho ! Lost 6 lbs and was thrilled with my progress. Then life happened. Melanie went into hospital, I spent two days eating on the run, and somehow, I just lost every bit of my determination to loose weight. Fell right back into my bad habits. Even went so far as to miss a few days exercising. Week 2, I stayed the same, today was my 3rd weigh in and I gained an entire pound. Went out for Chinese buffet last night and then did a stupid thing, worked out before Weight Watchers, which pumps up the muscles and can show a weight gain. Sounds like a reasonable excuse for my weight gain anyway.
So here I am today, back in the saddle as we say here in Texas. Back on track.
It seems so tiring to break old bad habits. It takes work and more work. Lots of enthusiasm too and I guess the goal has to be powerful. I have all the tools around me, supportive family, mottos hung on the wall, good food, exercise equipment in the same room as this computer, and a full length mirror that shows reality. But still it takes work to stay on track.
Got myself one more diet book, "The Biggest Loser".
It was on sale at the grocery store, right next to the bakery. I liked what I read but still, there is no magic pill, its work, hard work. I remember reading in a Buddhist book once, that all beginnings are hard.
Yup, tis true but have to think that the end results will be one major pay off.

My feet, last sunday as I sat on the dock, but wasn't wasting time, just enjoying it

Comments

With each new baby, a grandmother is born, and who can concentrate on dieting at such an exciting time?! tomorrow is another day!
Anonymous said…
Hey hun! I've been on a weight loss plan for the last several months and I know it's hard. Keep up the good work. If you haven't already check out - http://www.sparkpeople.com - it's free and the calorie tracker thing there, I find so easier.
Granny said…
Patty, I did the same thing - my first week on WW was great but I've slipped. I need to get back on it too.

Judy L.
Anonymous said…
I know! IT's so hard to stay on track. I have about 30 lbs i'd like to lose but i'm shooting for 10 right now. I find it hard to excercise as much as I need to. Anyway, you'll get back where you need to be. I can tell you are a determined lady. :) Take care.
Anonymous said…
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier - not that the nature of the thing has changed, but our power to do it has increased". One of my favourite sayings - stick with it, you will win :-)

Popular Posts