Simple is fine, except in the Quilt Shop !




Quite a while back I signed up for an Heirloom quilting class. It was reasonably priced I think. $80 for 4 lessons, one Saturday a month for the next 4 months. The classes last most of the afternoon.
Today, I had my supply list in hand and went shopping. Well, it seems all talk about simple living and "things" went out the door. I needed lots for this class. About three new "foot" attachments, at about $25 a foot. Then the fabric, then the batting, the thread, the special needles, new straight pins, stabilizer, special thread for the bobbin, lace, and a bunch of other stuff. I came out of the quilt shop with about $100 less in my pocket. Not complaining at all, they are all things I will use again sometime or use for this quilt. Since I was out shopping figured I should check out another fabric shop.... what can I say..... they had a sale..... think that was another $40 out of my pocket. McCall's sewing patterns were on sale for $1.99 and they had some darling baby patterns. One for making fitted cloth diapers. Need that for sure since Melanie and Casi want to use cloth. Smart children. All those years of brainwashing Melanie about how cloth is better has paid off : ) And leaving copies of Mothering Magazine around the house all these years was a good thing.
All my purchases fit in three bags. And my dear husband just said, "well that's fine dear, I knew you would need some things." I kissed him and told him he is the best.
I refrained from buying baby fabric, want to wait to see if it should be pink or blue.
Did buy some Chinese Tiger shoes for the baby. They are said to be good luck and they are so cute. Its not hard to imagine tiny feet kicking with red tigers dancing on them. Can't wait.
Melanie has been taking such good care of herself. Her blood sugars are fantastic. We are so proud of how well she is doing.

The example of the quilt we will make in class

some of the fabric purchased today. One is Amish Hex signs, the other a cheaters quilt and oh yes, some baby flannel for a blanket

And the Lucky Tiger baby shoes

Comments

I love the title of this post, I'm just the same...except my extravegence lends itself to online yarn shops...I've just bought some recycled sari silk to knit with £10 per ball...my F loves those slippers, "look mummy tiger slippers"!
Marci said…
Pat, that quilt is beautiful. What colors will you do yours in?
Patty said…
I think all women have some weakness, mine is fabric and WOOL to spin !

Popular Posts