First Heirloom Quilt Block

Today was my first heirloom quilt class and it was great. The teacher Gail, was fantastic at explaining how to do things and so helpful at showing everyone just what to do.
We managed to get one block done in class today. There are 9 different blocks in the quilt, each one using a different heirloom sewing technique. I just keep imagining the baby clothes I will be able to make after this class, with the new knowledge of how to do so many different stitches.
Doing the pin tucks was so easy but look so hard. I sure appreciate the pin tuck foot for my machine !
When the class started and she was just explaining what we were going to do, I thought, "boy am I in over my head" but Gail is a wonderful teacher and set all our fears to rest very quickly.
As soon as I know if we are having a girl or boy grandbaby, I think I will make a quilt like this in the appropriate color.
Can't wait for the next class !

Comments

Rowan said…
Your quilt block is so pretty, I'm glad you enjoyed the class. Learning to quilt is on my list of 'to do' things and I love seeing what others have done.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for visiting my blog. I came upon your blog a while back and I really enjoy what you have to say. I love your first block to your quilt. You did a great job.
Lucy said…
This is so great !! ANd have you done it all by machine ???
It's lovely Patty! I'm sure its going to be a superb quilt. Keep posting the pics for us.
Tina Leigh said…
Patty very pretty! Cant wait to find out if the quilt will be blue or pink...hehe!!
Patti said…
What a beautiful block! This will be a real heirloom when you get it finished.
Anonymous said…
Amazing - I can't wait to see how the entire quilt progresses.
Alena said…
patty, you did a great job!!! the finished quilt will surely be awsome... sorry, i forgot to answer your question - antonie is not walking yet, she is kind of walking alonside all the furniture she may reach :o) - she leans against it and move or walks... :o)
Anonymous said…
I love pintucks too as well as insertion lace (they just go together so perfectly). I think it's time to get out my smocking pleater and make some baby dresses too :-)
Patty said…
I decided to make a pink block like this one and a blue one, just in case there happens to be a baby in need of a quilt !
Jenny said…
That looks beautiful.
Jenny said…
That looks beautiful.

Popular Posts