Thoughts of Being 95

In many ways I am conservative. O.k. family members are laughing here, I can hear it across the miles ! Most you have to understand most of my extended family sees me as rather the old hippy, But the fact remains, I am conservative in many ways. Music is not one of them. I don't listen to any of that rap stuff or hip hop, but when it comes to the music of the 1970's well, my taste of those days has stuck with me.
And I like my music loud, never would due to have me in an apartment since my stereo is often on MAX and it really is MAX.
Today I was sitting spinning wool, pewter behind me, woodstove next to me, might be a scene from some old book except, for a few things...... Lynard Skynard belting out Freebird on the stereo, followed by Eric Clapton, Jethro Tull, and Fleetwood Mac base shaking The Chain. The floor is vibrating under me. The tea cups rattling on their tidy shelf.
I tried to get a picture with me in it, but I kept getting blurred as I ran to get behind the wheel before the picture took. I needed more time to my timer !
So here is one of the setting at least. I have on a wild tie dye shirt, jeans and nice woolie socks.
Candles and incense are burning. Its just another perfect day.

I suddenly pictured myself being 95, looking all granny like, wearing a tie dye dress, buttons down the front, proper old lady style and having the stereo booming out the very same music I am now listening to, while quilting or spinning. Kinda a funny mental picture.

Comments

Funny thing to picture:) I enjoy reading your blog:)
I have to say I hope my photo in 45 years is the same but I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I know the music will be blasting because I will be deaf.

I love reading your blog!
Patty said…
well maybe I will have to rethink the old lady dress thing and stick to some gauze type tie dye shirt and jeans with a few patches on them.
Nancy said…
I'll be right there with you in my long bohemina skirts/gauzy blouses or jeans/tshirts and listening to the same seventies songs turned up LOUD. Course by then it'll probably have to be loud just so I can hear it. :-)

Popular Posts