Feeling Kind of Blue

Its not very often that I feel depressed, matter of fact its rare. But what happened at the Amish school has really hit me hard. I just feel sad. Today they had the funerals for some of the little ones. Tiny caskets, simple and plain wood. The past few days someone had to sew little white cape dresses for burial clothes. What a tearful task that would be.
When I was outside this morning, doing some chores I thought about how violent our times are, but then thought of how Kind Herod had so many baby boys killed in hopes of destroying the messiah. What pain that must have been for so many. A massacre of innocents. There has always been such pain from the crazies of the world I guess.
Throughout life, there has been pain and suffering, but knowing that, doesn't make it any easier to bear when tragedy hits.
Life is fragile, and it requires lots of faith, without faith, there is bitterness I suspect.
This is just hard to get past.

Comments

Patty, I'm so sad too. One thing that I am seeing come out of this that is positive is the message and true examples of forgiveness that the Amish community are showing. I think the media has been thrown by this event, no pictures of victims to show, no interviews with angry, hurting families......just a very sad story to tell.
I read today that they plan to tear down that school house and will rebuild. Their strong sense of community is also a wonderful message to all of us.....they will still be there for each other even after the funerals.
God will use even this for HIS Glory!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sunny said…
Me too. Way too much bad news lately.
Patty said…
Wendy, you are so right. Its a perfect example of true forgiveness. A lesson for everyone in that.

Popular Posts