An Attic Full of Baby Clothes




My darling husband went into the attic last night and brought down all the baby clothes I have been collecting for the past 2 decades. What fun we all had going through them. Casi is certain they wil not have to buy a thing for the next 5 years.
Only thing we need is diapers, cloth of course.
There were also things from when the girls were babies. Knitted sweaters and such that my mom had made and my sister Jan. Quilts made by Emerys mother too.
There are plenty of smocked things for both girl and boy. Piles of shoes and fine italian knit socks.
Oh what fun we are going to have with this baby.
It does kind of look like I won't have to do much shopping in the months to come.

Comments

Christine said…
Oh my word! I can't believe you have kept so many baby clothes! This grandchild is going to be one very well-dressed child!
Granny said…
Patty, what a collection you have! I love to smock so seeing all the smocked outfits brought a smile to my face. The new grandbaby will be one well dressed baby.

Judy L.
Patty said…
Not just kept so many baby clothes, but more like continued to buy smocked baby things for the past 20 years.
Everytime I found a good deal on some heirloom style baby outfit I bought it.
Things left over from my children would be a small portion of what you see in the picture
Unknown said…
Oh all the smocked items - I love them!

That's one thing I would love to learn to do.

You sound like my mother - can't resist a good deal when she sees one. Now she's got five grandchildren (one more on the way too) so good deals are a must!
Unknown said…
Wow! You have a huge collection there! I saved all my baby clothes for my sister...Its so nice to be able to share!

Popular Posts