Sunrise and some hungry Cats



This morning I awoke feeling hopeful for the world at large and just feeling less sad, not sure what happened in my sleep to change my mood or perhaps it was having so much laughter in the house last night.
On my way out to do chores, the sun was just peeking up over the trees. A bright orange ball of hopefulness. It reminded me of a great pumpkin hanging in the sky, set among the branches of the trees. Actually the thought of that made me chuckle. A fall display set in the heavens, just for me.
The morning was filled with simple things that made me smile. Take for instance the cats......
The cats live for food, its all they have on their minds and they are actually "hanging" around for me to feed them. Smoky is older and a bit more refined, he never begs and has never hung on the door like some hobo begging for a meal. He strolls to the cat food dishes and then hisses if the younger ones get in his way.
Been on the treadmill already and after slipping a bit on my weight watchers I am back full swing. Mood lighter and more determined. I wish I was one of those folks that don't feel hungry when the world seems to be pressing down hard on the psyche. But, no, for me food is a comfort. At least I didn't eat more flex points than what I am allowed for a week, but I did come close.
I was thinking this morning, about how God doesn't look at the externals of a person, but the heart. Thought about all the people who shout from the mountain tops what good Christians they are but to meet them you would never know it. Grouchy, snarling, talk about people, brag about how they do this or that, filled with phrases like, "we don't do that" the kind of folks with actions that don't match the talk. Think those are the ones that make you want to run away from any church house. Thought about the quiet ones, that go about doing kindness that you never know about. They are not looking for a reward here, now.
Just my thoughts on this Friday morning. Off to take Melanie to the Doctors, still feeling poorly and really needs our prayers. I have this fear he will admit her to the hospital today.

Comments

I echo your thoughts on walking the walk..."be patterns, be eamples" said the great George Fox. It's something to live up to, but as Christians we have a duty to at least try! I too had a cat called Smoky...she was the best cat in the world! I hope Melanie is well soon, I'll say a prayer.
Unknown said…
Hi Patty,
Everything that has happened this week has been so emotional. My prayers are going out to Melanie I hope she is okay and that she doesn't have to go into the hospital...I just joined weight watchers again , will have to cheer for each other... Luv and Hugs Tina
... Paige said…
Forgivness is in the air. The amish are teaching a lot of people fist hand about the love of God and the power of forgivness. With it comes peace and acceptance for God's will in our lives.
All will work out for the best even if it is not the way "we" wanted.

Popular Posts