Dress for the Wedding

This is the fabric I bought to make my dress for Steven and Pricilla'w wedding, its just about the same color as the fabric her family will be wearing. Pricilla was sweet and asked if I would like to use the same color.
The wedding is fast approaching ! Now I have to decide what style dress to make. That is a big decision for me.

Its been a delightful day, Melanie and I went out for lunch, then did a bit of shopping and checked the animal shelters for puppies. I miss having a dog. We didn't find anything but will continue to look.

Off to make supper and bring in the laundry.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a gorgeously rich colour! Will you be making a plain-style dress? Will Priscilla make her own? I remember making my own dress and my bridesmaid's dress. I hope you enjoy the process like you did only a few weeks ago :-)
Patty said…
Hi Sandra,
I will be making it modest but not a cape dress.
Pricilla is making her dress, it will be white but still a cape dress. It will have a couple more gores to the skirt than normal.
For many, in the plain church, its very wrong to wear a white dress, as they see no one to have a completly pure heart.
Kelli said…
Such a pretty color for a dress!
Kelli
Marci said…
Pat, I have been to several wedding in the last couple of years that the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom wore matching dresses. I had not seen that before. So, the same color will be fine.
Patty said…
Hi Marci,
Pricilla and her mother asked me if I wanted to wear the same color, so thats why I got that color. I think its kind of nice to do it that way.

Popular Posts