Hand Made Baby Day Too !


Between my mother, sister Jan and myself there was lots of knitting and crocheting being done when I was expecting Melissa. I kept all the sweet little things that were made and what a treasure the things that were so lovingly made by my mother as she has been gone over 20 years now.
To think of another generation being kept warm in such treasures, is a gift of love that goes beyond words
My mother made such a sweet little shrug and a darling cape that are both so old fashioned in style that makes them all the more special. I have all her old baby knitting patterns and have been dreamily looking over them. Just waiting to know if the yarn should be pink or blue !

Comments

Teresa said…
If you have any crochet patterns for cape/shawls or ponchos for young girls, I would LOVE to get a copy. All the patterns that I have found are not anywhere near the ones that I remember from decades ago. I am trying to make my neices and daughter each one for Christmas.
Patty said…
are you wanting the hippy style cape or poncho ?
If so I have a pattern. Picked it up in Oregon when we lived there. Its just like the ones I had in the 70's but for a child too.
Email me at pasuhi@msn.com if you would like me to send you a picture of the pattern to see if its what you are looking for

Popular Posts