Pink and White Progress



After tea time this morning, I put on my painting clothes and worked on finishing up the little night stand for the guest room. It was an old maple night stand that had been put out to trash. My husband kindly rescued it for me at my request.
A fresh coat of white paint, with a few highlights of pink made it the perfect item for the pink and white room. Even though the inside of the closet still needs painting and the trim around one window, I couldn't wait to put some things out. Earlier I had pulled out a bunch of things from my cedar chest to put in the room, baby dresses mu mother wore, my great grandmothers bloomers, my grandmothers baby shoes, the crochet cotton sweater that I came home from the hospital in. Wonderfully embroidered batiste bonnets and aprons. Frilly things that had been stored away, waiting for the perfect setting to show them off and appreciated.

Comments

copperswife said…
The room is beautiful! The nightstand vignette is breathtaking! That picture should be in a magazine!!!

Popular Posts