Home Made Soap


Today I want to take a little gift to my two friends that are hosting Melanie's bridal shower.
My home made soap seems to be my gift of choice for them as they both love it.
I have been making soap for about 15 years. Its rewarding to make something you use everyday and that other people enjoy. For several years I made soap to sell and at the same time I taught so many ladies how to make it, that they all began selling it too. Their need for pocket money greater than mine. For me, soap making is just a hobby. I was happy for them to take up the mantle of soap making. I just have a handfull of customers now, they are the ones who say they cannot live without it. Sweet, kind ladies they all are.
I took out my boxes of soap and picked up a few pieces and smelled each one separately. Amber Rose dark in color from the amber, a romantic scented soap. There is the old standby of Goat Milk soap with oatmeal and aloe. Good for your skin, practical soap.
But my all time favorite is a olive oil soap scented with anise. It scents the house for weeks when first made. It always reminds me of the Italian cookies I make. My sister and best friend were visiting last November and we made a huge batch of this soap together. They wanted to learn how soap was made. If you go to the archives for November 26 , you can see pictures of how my soap is made.
Today, a bar of each will be wrapped and taken along for each of my dear friends.
A little thank-you for being good friends !

Comments

Jeanne said…
Oh, I can just imagine the lovely scents these soaps have!
Jeanne
dot said…
I like to make soap also. My favorite is the olive oil, but I usually scent mine with vanilla. There is nothing like a good batch of home made soap.
Sunny said…
Just slip a little bit of soap in a sachet bag and call it a matching air freshener.

Popular Posts