A Tibute to "Brennon on the Door"

We lost a good and faithful friend yesterday. We found our cat Brennon dead yesterday. He was old and it was perhaps his time to go, but never would it be our time to willing let go, as he was always giving us laughs and joys.
There is an old Irish song called Brennon on the Moor, about a brave young man who gave his life for a cause he believed in.
Our cat Brennon was named with this song in mind, however, our Brennon wasn't of the Moor, he was always climbing up our screen door trying to get into the house or at least get our attention. Which he did. So from his door climbing experience, we called him "Brennon on the Door".
I cannot tell you how much fun and company this cat gave us. Even though he was an outside cat, you got the chance to bond with him on a daily basis.
Melanie found him dead and just fell to pieces, he was her cat, her buddy.
Brennon old boy, we will miss you !

Comments

Reviekat said…
Oh, I'm so sorry for y'all's loss of Brennon! I know how it feels to lose a family pet.

The girls and I are sending hugs to you and Melanie and we're happy you have so many memories of him.

Revee
La Tea Dah said…
I'm so sorry about the loss of your kitty cat. Give Melanie a hug for me. . .I'd do it myself if I were there! We lost our Sammy-cat this spring and I still miss him alot! Cats are wonderful friends and leave a hole in our hearts when they are gone. I'm sorry. . .
Unknown said…
How sad especially just before the wedding - he looked a lovely cat - I feel so sorry for your loss - quity hugs to you all
Alexandra said…
I'm so sorry to hear about yor loss.

I've lost pets as well, and I understand how hard it can be...

Hugs,
Mrs.Garcia said…
I am so sorry for the loss of Beloved Brennon!
R. Aastrup said…
Patty--the loss of a pet is always hard, especially one you've had so long. So sorry about Brennon!
Unknown said…
ah patty it sad when we loose a faithful friend indoor or out we still love them and bond with them....Hugs Tina
Kelli said…
I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty passing away. :o(
((Big Hugs)) to Melanie. Is she doing ok?

Kelli
Marci said…
Oh Pat, I am so sorry. It is always hard to lose a family pet. Poor Melanie, what an awful thing to find.

Popular Posts