Evening Meal

Most of the meals in this house are served on salad plates. With the exception of when we have company or Steven is here for supper. His appetite requires a LARGE plate.
We eat too much in this country. Our servings way too big. Smaller portions served on small plates is one way to help.
I love the line in the movie French Kiss, where Kate is talking about Juliette and how she (Juliette) cuts her meat into such tiny little bites and eats so little.
A lesson to be sure, as Juliette has a gorgeous shape.
Tonight's menu, cucumber sliced, rice with fire roasted red and yellow peppers, onions, garlic and a sprinkling of shredded carrots added in the final moments of steaming the rice. I do wish I had added something with a bit more color to the plate. But I made do with what I had on hand.
Mahi Mahi with a bit of olive oil, tarragon and basil.
Blueberries with a bit of whipped cream for dessert, accompanied with some fine champagne.




Comments

Popular Posts