Good Morning


Morning time is always special to me. Its a time of discovery. Birds and little creatures busy with the new day, often ones not seen in the afternoon or evening.
The day, new and unfolding with all the joys to be had. In a new day there are so many chances to improve our thought patterns, to be kinder, gentler and more wise. Each new day we have opportunity to grow past the things that don't serve us well. To put aside jealously, envy, and wishes to "get even" or make a point that isn't really necessary. Things that can be on a grand scale or just with our loved ones in our home, that no one else ever sees. Including righteous indignation that is for our purpose alone, but with a title that eases our conscience. Wars are raged over such thoughts. Sleepless nights for others who hold on to that type of thinking. Peace is so much better.
We can grab hold of each new day with enthusiasm, no matter how difficult our situation and seek out the beauty around us. We often make the choice to see good or bad within moments of waking. Being conscious of the choice makes the difference so many times. On my walk, eyes wide open, looking for lessons in nature to help me grow into a better person, is often profound, life changing.
I am not rushed. I can be deliberate in which path to take or let the whole journey of the day unfold, unplanned, random, full of chance. Either way, I learn.
Roses wet with dew. Yes, I did stop to smell the roses . A new bird for me, a Yellow Crowned Night Heron. I watched him and he watched me. Patience on my part, uncertainty on his part.
Watching people rush to and fro in their cars. Rushed looking, stressed looking, talking on cell phones, eating food on the run. I felt a bit like Grasshopper in the old TV show Kung Fu. Observing and wondering if these rushed people will ever stop to feel deeply what is around them. Can they hear their own heartbeats beat slowly and calmly in their chests ? Will they ever see a yellow crowned night heron ? Do they even know they would want to see one ?
A new day. Unfolding, telling, sharing truths. Teaching me to live better.

Roses, planted to give joy
The Yellow Crowned Night Heron...10 pictures taken, one of him in flight, it is my favorite. Cropped and enlarged so you can see him better. Wish I had a camera with a telephoto lens (sigh)

Comments

Popular Posts