Date at Cafe On The Run



What to wear ? That was the big question of the night. I tried on three outfits just as if I was 16 and going out on my first date. I have this darling black dress with white embroidery, sleeveless with a jacket. In the back of my closet some cute black and white heels. The perfect match for the dress. I put them on and had a good laugh at myself. Its been so long since I have worn heels that I walked about like a 16 year old with their first heels. Not sure what I was thinking when I bought them. I never wore heels even when I was young ! Deciding they might be better worn on a few practice runs around the house, while I was alone to get used to them.
So another dress was taken out of the closet, a comfortable natural linen sleeveless dress, and I had sandals to match that, much more comfortable.
Emery whisked me off as if my knight in shinning armor. We talked non stop the whole drive to Ft Worth, it had been a busy week with little time for conversations.
The music had already started when we arrived at the cafe but we found a nice place to sit. I went and ordered our food while Emery kept our table. Goat cheese with spinach and sun dried tomatoes Pizza looked delightful so I put my order in and hunted out the perfect dessert, drinks and some fruit to make the meal complete. Three Sisters cake looked too scrumptious to pass up, we would split a piece.
Cadbury Flakes are one of my all time favorite candy bars so I decided to try the SNOW flavor but think I will stick to the original, the SNOW was so sweet.
The food and drink delightful, the music a combination of Rock and Latin rhythms. The group local and very good, they are called Latin Magik and they worked their magik on the crowd with thier songs. People were dancing and cheering them on, begging for just one more song as the night came to an end.
The air balmy and summer like. The moon golden, a perfect night for two old love birds.



Comments

Patti said…
Oooh - my favorite kind of pizza! Pizzacato out here puts pine nuts on it too. Perfect with their wonderful spinach and feta cheese salad!
Patty said…
I love pine nuts ! Just waiting for my little tree to start producing them. It will be a great savings as those little nuts are costy.
Marci said…
Pat, I need to get caught up on all that has been going on with you. I was out of town for a family reunion and then Michael has been home all week, so I have not been on here much. The pizza looks really good!!!
Anonymous said…
Just goes to show you don't need a ton of money to go on a fabulous date with a loved one :-) Sounds like you had a lovely time. I like to hear of "older people" going on dates - it's just so cute and wonderful.
Lucy said…
Sounds that you haev had a wonderfull day ! I can see it also on the picture

Popular Posts