The Art of Thank-You

Yesterday while strolling through Barnes & Noble book store, I chanced upon this delightful little book.
" The Art of Thank You, Crafting Notes of Gratitude "
by Connie Leas. What a wonderful little book ! On the inside cover it says something that really grabbed my attention...
"Can writing thank-you notes really enlarge your spirit ?
Absolutely, says author Connie Leas. She prefers the term "notes of gratitude ." is a spiritual state, an acknowledgement of our own unimportance and dependence on others."
I really like this concept. We have gotten out of the habit of writing notes and its a loss. We dash off an email and consider that good, but walking to the mail box and finding a handwritten note is something that changes your entire mood.
I sat down today to read some of this book while some paint was drying on a shelf that is being turned from a dark wood stain into a petal pink shelf for the new guest room. I made my little reading space as pretty as I could, poured some rose petal tea, had Brahms playing on the stereo, this spot in time, nearly perfect.
Back to work painting walls and day dreaming of quiet days lazing in a hammock with not a care in the world.


Comments

R. Aastrup said…
Ah, Brahms...good for creating peace any time!

One of the things I try to do every day in my faculty hotline is to call out the staff members I've seen going beyond the call of duty. Thanking them in such a public way has done a lot for creating good relationships with the staff as I eased into administration! But even better than a public e-mail, is the time one takes to hand write a personal note. It takes more time, but it covers more distance in the long run probably...
Reviekat said…
Oh, I see that pretty pink cup setting there! What a lovely setting for reading such a useful book!

REvee
Kelli said…
Your table is so pretty!! What a nice spot to spend the afternoon. It sounds like a wonderful book!
Kelli
Tina Leigh said…
I have always sent hand written "thank you" notes. I think it really means much more to the person & after all they deserve the attention. I LOVE ALL THE PINK!!!!!
Connie said…
Eight years late, I just saw your blog spot about my thank-you note book. Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate your comments.

By the way, I've just started a blog that has to do with avoiding the medical system and prescription drugs. It's at medfreehealth.blogspot.com.

Connie Leas

Popular Posts