In The Pink

There were a few pink things left on the dinning room table last night, the new candle stick and the biscuit jar that I had in the picture from yesterday. Seeing them inspired me to have a breakfast surrounded by pink. Cinnamon toast and tea with a glass of orange juice was on the menu. A quick glance through the book, " Tea With Alice" gave me some ideas for lunch under the shade trees with the man of my dreams.
Then straight to work on the new guest room. Walls painted snowy white. There will be a border of roses at the top. Carefully picked art will grace the walls along with the freshly painted pink shelf. Its almost a bit like having a piece of my bedroom as a young girl back. I loved that room, slopping ceiling on one end, with two doors that went into the eaves for storage. Old things surrounding me. Wallpaper of pink roses between green stripes. It was the perfect room. I could write to my hearts content up there and dream of the perfectly handsome man that would come and take me to a life filled with romance and a home filled with children and love so alive a stranger could sense it when they walked through the door. I have all that, my dreams did come true. Each day this love unfolding like a rose, each stage breath taking in itself and becoming so beautiful it nearly takes your breath away. I mean this.
This new room is perhaps some tangible representation of how I feel and see my life.
When you think of symbols of love, you think of roses and as I mature and see things more clearly, the symbolism is so true. A rose bud, new love unfolded, beautiful yet this new love feeling is not long lived, it matures, becomes more of itself, opening, exposing more of itself, prepared to be shared. As it opens more yet, it seems so complex so multifaceted. More fragrant as it opens. Today seems a day of viewing the whole world with rose colored glasses on, but the view is still the truth, just maybe feels a bit more beautiful.

Comments

Marci said…
I would love all that pink stuff you have in the same light shade of blue. Is that depression glass? I do have a butter dish that is a replica of blue depression glass. Thanks for sharing all your pretties.
Patty said…
Nope, not depression glass but cheap stuff at wal-mart. $8 a piece.
Yes, you need to do it in blue with touches of blue gingham !
Kelli said…
How beautiful!! I love all your pink things. The room is going to look so pretty!! That shabby chic line at Target is my favorite. :0)
Kelli
P.s your breakfast looks so nice and peaceful.
copperswife said…
Hi! I just discovered your blog. I should say, re-discovered, because I was here once before, but failed to save the link. I'll not make the same mistake again. I love, love, love your pink things!! So pretty and so very "me"! I'm hoping to find some time later today to come back and catch up on your previous posts.

Popular Posts