More Pink and White, Decorating on a Shoestring



The sheets dried in one half an hour today. The heat index is 106, actual temperature 103. While I was making up the bed I thought about the cost of doing this room over. It really was done at a minimal cost.
Here is what I have spent...
Paint.....$14 wal-mart exterior white semi gloss, 1 gallon
Wallpaper border.....$18 wal-mart
Pink Craft paint........ $ 2
Sheets........$40 (that was my extravagance but had no sheets for the bed, gave them all to Melanie)
Doll .....$2 yard sale, new in the box
Pink Glass items......$17 wal-mart
Pink Curtains..........$20 for two windows, Big Lots
Nick Knacks ........$3 Goodwill
Everything else, recycled things from the house. Pictures for the wall, old frames, pictures printed on the computer.
Under $120 for everything. Not bad !
Monday I hope to finished decorating everything.

Tomorrow is my true loves 60th Birthday, so it will be a day dedicated to celebrating how special he is to all of us. The children are coming over for cake and ice cream tomorrow evening. Special times like birthdays are hard having Melissa and James so far away. My heart just aches to have Melissa and James close by us all the time, but special occasions are even worse.

Comments

Sandra said…
Patricia, I love your new guest room! It's so inviting and cozy. I especially like the rose border.

You did good!

Sandra
copperswife said…
Thanks for sharing your costs for doing this room. It's all so pretty and so nice to see how you were able to be so creative and yet mind the budget at the same time!! It is inspiring!
Tina Leigh said…
I love this room!! I love the lamp on the night stand...so many things. Your house is beautiful from the outside- in. A wonderful reflection of the owner!! Remember the guy that was bragging about buying your house...I hope he doesnt find out about all the changes inside. He might make you a 'Godfather Offer"...An offer you cant refuse!!LOL I love it!!
Kelli said…
You did an amazing job Patty!! It is just stunning. I showed Grace and Emily and you should have heard all the oooh's and aaahh's. They really like all the pink and especially the doll on the bed. :0)

Kelli

Popular Posts