Edwins Wife, Georgiana Heckbert

A bit more history.... Edwins wife, Georgiana Burns Richardson Heckbert painted this watercolor that bears the title "The Alley, Astoria, Oregon ." Georgiana was born in 1879-1964. This painting was exhibited in 1940 at the Portland Art Museum "All Oregon Show". She was a Member of Oregon Society of Artists .
If I could encourage anyone in one thing, it would be to seek to know your roots. Know the people you came from.
I am fortunate regarding my family history as it has been so well documented through the years. Its wonderful to have all this information to pass on to the next generation. My family seems to be good at record keeping and sharing amongst ourselves pictures, stories and history.
Ask questions, be brave and call relatives to ask them things. Search the internet. In this busy world where we become more scattered daily, its good to be connected to family. If your family is less than, shall we say easy to work with. Start from your generation and build a legacy for your descendants to be proud of.

Comments

R. Aastrup said…
My mom is our resident family historian. She has spent years researching out both sides of the family. You're right. It's gascinating to find out who's in your past. My favorite ancestor is the one who was a mid-wife at Lincoln's birth! We are also connected to six different presidents or their spouses, including Barbara Bush!
Patty said…
how neat Rondi. You are so well connected : ) Emery and I found something interesting. Our families married way back in the 1630's after arriving on the winthrop fleets. Emerys family came on the first Winthrop fleet, mine a bit later. And on my maternal grandmothers side I am the 10th great grand-daughter of Francis Cooke of the mayflower. More fun though is that I am the 36th great grand daughter of King Hakon II of Norway ! I am also something like the 71st great grand daughter of Joseph of Arimathea. Just plain fun stuff.
I love Barbara Bush !!!
Sunny said…
Oh Patty, that's a scream about you and Emery's families having been intermarried before. Hey, what can I say? Birds of a feather flock together. The cream rises to the top. And water seeks its own level.
Unknown said…
Beautiful Painting....What glorius talent...How is the Wedding Quilt coming along???

Popular Posts