The Man of The House



With the advent of the "Emo" man, the lines between the sexes are just a bit more blurred these days.
Many young men do not have strong examples of a good man in their home.
Before I get going this morning on what I want to write about, let me first state that I have no desire to step back into the dark ages as far as woman's rights to get paid equally to a man, and I think we should have the vote and all of that, and certainly not abused in any way, verbally included. But I think also we have taken too much of the masculinity away from our husbands and sons in our zealousness to be equal. I am old fashioned, plain and simple.
Yes, there is some sort of fine line, somewhere. Not sure where that is since it seems to be a personal thing. I can safely trust my life in the care of my husband, he loves me so much he would never take advantage of me or be mean spirited. So all this is easy for me to say. My father was the same kind of man, always had the best interest of my mother and his daughters. I have no personal experience with men who are other than kind and down right good.
All the men in my family are the secure type, leaders.
Good examples for their children.
But.....and here is my 2 cents worth regarding men, they need to be treated like men. Not walked over, disregard their masculinity just so I can have things my way.

I want to be treated like a woman. The doors are opened for me, chairs are given up for me and I am cherished by my husband. In order to be treated like a woman, you sort of have to treat the man like a man. Its hard for a man to be king of his castle if his castle looks like FooFoo-Ville. Its easy to see at first glance that the mans masculine side is totally disregarded if the entire home is all painted PINK and filled with lace. You just won't see homes like that in the history books, when men were men and lead the home. I am talking good men here and throughout my ramble of the morning.
I have my little frilly room but I wouldn't expect Emery to sleep in a room like that. Have a room or two that is feminine but not the main living area or your bedroom. Make that a room for the two of you. Treat your man as
a man. Just as much as I don't want to sleep in a room with sports wallpaper, I don't want him to be in a feminine room. There is a moderate place for decorating. We once visited a home where it was so pink and white everywhere, with lace on many horizontal surfaces. The big strapping husband and sons looked so silly sitting amid all the frills. He was visibly uncomfortable with a bunch of other men around, viewing him in the foo-foo environment. You can have beautiful china, lovely things all around, yet still not have it a woman's home only.
As much as we as women feel special when we are dressed all pretty and feminine, so doesn't a man feel strong and manly when dressed in something other than cartoon printed sweat pants.
Sitting in a pink chair all covered with roses and lace is probably not going to make him feel like he is the man of the house, so don't get ticked off when he stops making decisions for the family and being in charge when his environment is less than conducive to such actions.
A man can be gentle and kind, yet strong and a leader in his home. I am old fashioned. I do the cooking, the cleaning and take care of my man, and love it. I also am cherished and treated like a fine treasure each and every day. I want to keep my husband feeling King of his castle by keeping it decorated in such a way that does not rob him of being manly.

Pictures

Emery,

My Dad, Harry A Higbee (he was a police officer )

My Grandfather, Ronald W. Heckbert

My Great Grandfather Percy St Clair Heckbert

Comments

Sunny said…
Oh that Em is another example of a fine looking man who is very youthful for his age.

Popular Posts