An Update on Mei-Ling

It's not the news I was hoping to share, but at least the procedure is over. It was so painful for our dear little grandbaby that her screams could be heard in the O.R. waiting room. They could not knock her completely out, then they would not have had any idea of what her bladder could tolerate. Having anything in her bladder produced horrific pain so it looks like she may not be able to have the surgery to reverse the vesicostomy. That in itself is hard news to hear, but knowing that this beautiful sweet child had such intense pain that she was screaming, just breaks my heart in so many ways. They are not home yet and have been gone for 9 hours. Yen has been a perfect baby all day for me. Don't think he cried for more than 5 seconds the entire day.
Please keep Mei-Ling in your prayers, that she recovers quickly and does not suffer nightmares from this painful day.
photo taken last month on Melanies birthday

Comments

Renee said…
Oh, my heart goes out to all of you and to Mei Ling. Keeping her and all of you in my prayers.
Marianna said…
My heart just breaks at the thought of her in so much pain. I know that must have been incredibly difficult for Melanie and Casi. Praying that she recovers quickly.
Kathy said…
It just breaks my heart to think of that dear child undergoing such painful tests. Brings tears to my eyes. Whatever the result of the tests, I pray that she will be ok and spared any more pain for now, and no bad side effects of the day. Tuck her in tonight under her special quilt, give her lots of kisses, and know that many, many prayers are being said for her.
Marci said…
Bless her little heart. How heart wrenching. I am praying here Pat.
Good to catch up with your posts again after a month with very minimal internet. Sorry to read that this has been a painful and disappointing day for Mei-Ling.
It is astonishing to be living in KY where grass is green and flowers are blooming, while back in WY there is yet another blizzard!
All my latent gardening instincts are reborn--unfortunately my older body isn't quite up to all I would love to do.
Angela said…
That is so hard. Poor sweet baby. Thankfully she is so young that memory fades out the bad stuff. Hopefully soon her lil body will heal and the surgery can be done. So sorry.
novascotiagal said…
I'm so sorry it was such a horrible ordeal. And so sorry the news wasn't better. Still, in such a loving family, and with such a loving heart, she will thrive even when some things are so hard. She's remarkable.
Janette said…
Wrap her in that quilt as we wrap her in our prayers. Children do have memories of pain- but they also have memories of being wrapped and held after the pain. That is my experience.
Maya said…
I am so sorry the little darling had to go through so much pain. I hope she recovers from the ordeal soon. Hugs for all of you.
OneOldGoat said…
Mei Ling and Yen will remain in my prayers.

Beth B
Unknown said…
NOTHING is harder that hearing your babies cry. . .my heart goes out to you. I began reading your blog about 4 years ago and remember a posting you did on love someone who is so emotionally damaged you just and no longer "fix" them. I have since divorced and have again found balance in my life and I think in many ways that posting helped me to "fix" myself and no longer bang my head against them wall trying to "fix" someone else. Thank you for all of your words of wisdom and insight. God bless. . .

Popular Posts