The Garden...

"I used to visit and revisit it a dozen times a day, and stand in deep contemplation over my vegetable progeny with a love that nobody could share or conceive of who had never taken part in the process of creation. It was one of the most bewitching sights in the world to observe a hill of beans thrusting aside the soil, or a rose of early peas just peeping forth sufficiently to trace a line of delicate green."
~Nathaniel Hawthorne, Mosses from and Old Manse~
(which happens to be one of my favorite book)

Our garden and the last photo is of a corner of our mint patch

Comments

Your garden is very beautiful, and amazingly ahead of Ohio. But it is incredibly beautiful here this spring and I don't begrudge you all the loveliness because it will be here soon.........I just ordered Mosses from an Old Manse from our library. It's in a book called Tales and Sketches which has Twice Told Tales and the Mosses book you mentioned.
Yum..aparagus! It it difficult to grow, Patty?
Patty,
What do you do with all of your mint? I have been warned to be overwhelmed by the way mint takes over everything. I love it though and am looking for uses beyond tea. Any wise ideas??

Teri

Popular Posts