The End of A Busy Day


After spending most of the morning in the barn and Emery spending 10 hours working in the garden, I thought we should have a simple but delightful meal.
No recipe needed. Cook your rice in limeade and at the end of the cooking process add some fresh cilantro.
Orange Roughy steamed on a bed of lime and cilantro rice, served with fresh pico de gallo and sauteed asparagus that we picked in the garden this afternoon.
Some wine and for dessert a small piece of 90% cocoa chocolate. Music for the meal time was St Martin in The Fields playing Handel's Concerto Grosso No.1 Op.3 . A perfect ending to a busy day.

Comments

Holly C. said…
Wow-it looks like you were at a fancy restaurant!
Patty said…
thanks Holly, its fun to set the table pretty once in a while and savor the moment
Carol said…
looks beautiful AND delicious! I have never made lime cilantro rice but love it. never thought about using limeade. seems like it would be too sweet. do you use straight limeade in place of the water?
This looks elegant, Patti. I'll have to try this way of cooking rice.
Carole said…
What a gorgeous table, and the meal looks delicious. Sure comforting after so many things to do. I bet you slept like a baby. The little goats are so cute !
~marci~ said…
I envy you for being able to grow your own asparagus!!!
Patty said…
Hi Carol, we use a natural limeade that really isn't very sweet. I might guess some of those frozen limeades in the can might be sweeter than some like though. I have used all orange juice instead of water to make rice and although its sweet, its wonderful, almost dessert like in a way but very good with chicken. For this recipe I used all limeade, no water. My daughter used the same recipe and they didn't think it was too sweet either.
Carol said…
thanks, Patti. Will look for a natural limeade at maybe Sprouts or Central Market. That just sounds delicious. I love lime anything, really! Thanks for your reply.
Patty said…
Hi Carol, you can get it at Central Market, thats where I got mine, in the fresh juice section

Popular Posts