Winter is Back !

It was in the low 30's this morning when I went out to milk, with a blustery north wind that went right through you. Emery was bringing in more wood as I went about my morning work and how nice it was to have the house warm from the wood stove in just a short amount of time. Tonight we will have to cover a couple of the tender plants we put out, knowing it was a gamble of sorts as winter weather can return just as it is doing.
This afternoon, after working on some sewing projects and a bit of dish cloth crocheting, I went out to feed the kid and gather some food for tonight's supper. A big head of red cabbage, a bunch of fresh sweet carrots and some spinach. Beats buying food in the market any day. Fresh lettuce for my lunch salad freshly picked was a delight today too.
By next week, not only will the garden continue to bless us, but I will have the added joy of making cheese with the goats milk and savoring this feeling of satisfaction from all the hard work.

Comments

Aunt Jenny said…
It was cold here overnight too! Warmed up some during the day today..but is cooling off and cloudy again now at 6pm. I plan to start a fire in the woodstove right away..nothing warms my bones like wood heat!
I sure wish I could harvest veggies from our garden this time of year!! I am planning to get my pepper plants started here in the next week though. Just growing something will help I bet.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Val said…
Sounds great to me! There is nothing like garden vegetables. You sure cannot buy them at the store. Enjoy that warm and cozy house, and those fresh veges.

Popular Posts