Signs of Spring Everywhere







What joy there is in simply walking around with camera in hand, capturing the first moments in a spring like day. A deep blue sky as background for temple bells. The first sign of leaves forming on the Ash tree. Leaves the color of wine, springing forth on the rose bush. A daffodil. Goats heavy with new life. Pine trees bursting for with newness. Fresh, spring air filling my lungs. Birds singing everywhere around me. Robins hopping in the field next to me. And then there is Harry, once again smelling like a skunk ! This dog has no concept of how to stay out of trouble : (
"I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in."
~John Muir~
"Man's heart away from nature becomes hard."
~Standing Bear~
"I am not bound for any public place, but for ground of my own where I have planted vines and orchard trees, and in the heat of the day climbed up into the healing shadow of the woods. Better than any argument is to rise at dawn and pick dew-wet red berries in a cup."
~Wendell Berry~

"The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man." ~Author Unknown~
"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."
~Lao Tzu ~

Comments

It will be at least another six to eight weeks until we see much in the way of spring here in northeast Ohio. But I just had two weeks in Venice, Florida and the second week my daughters and grandchildren were with me. Bliss! Another round of cold and snow is expected in Ohio tomorrow, so enjoy your spring, as I know you do.
Deanna said…
I gave you an award for great attitude/gratitude. Claim it here:

http://wellgroomedhippie.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts