Monday Morning


The house is needing a bit of tidying up after the weekend, but it will have to wait, there are chores to be done. Not much to tidy, but a few things left here and there. Evidence that Emery and I value our time together more than doing housework on Sundays. The sky this morning is strange, almost has a wrinkly appearance, pale gray, reminds me of a lambs fleece. Maybe rain is in the forecast, but I don't know. No desire to hear the weather report, but just let things unfold today. If it starts to rain, I will come inside and sew.
I have garden work today. Planting more grapes, some garlic, more onions, and then some pretty things like a new rose bush and more hollyhocks.
This past Saturday I got a lot planted. Beets, snow peas, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, bok choy, Brussel sprouts, and prepared the potatoes for planting, maybe I will get them in today.
I love this time of the year for us, getting the garden going, and preparing for baby goats. So much newness. The ash tree has tiny leaves on it, such a bright new kind of green. Daffodils are blooming.
There is a chill in the house this morning and I should get a fire going, just in case someone stops by for a visit. I am fine wearing a jacket in the house for a bit since I plan on being outside so much today, but its not very nice for anyone stopping by for a cup of tea, to have to use that very cup of tea as a hand warmer !
Today I woke longing for more simplicity, more of less. Give me more time for what I know has deep value. More time to memorize scriptures that I love. More time to hum sweet songs in the garden or while doing handiwork. More time to just pray for the ones I love and also for the very ones that push all the wrong buttons. More time to think about the words that slip off my lips so easily and then I wonder why on earth did I say that ! More time to contemplate my motives and the desires of my heart and measure them against the standards set before me. More time to live in the moment that I am in. More time to live deliberately.

Philippians 4:7-9 (New International Version)
7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Comments

Val said…
You always say the sentiments of my heart. I agree with you in all of this. I wish I was out gardening but it is still too cool and wet here. I can't wait though to get started on gardening. Also, thank you so much for reminding me to watch what comes out of my mouth. Because of your posts, I have set a watch upon my lips. God Bless you and yours.
Anonymous said…
What wonderful words, "Today I woke longing for more simplicity, more of less" Amen!!
You're photography is beautiful, will these eventually be additions to your notecards?

Popular Posts