A Strange Sort of Day


The wind is blowing, not gently, it seems angry and storm like. The sky is gray. The day feels odd and leaves me feeling unsettled, uneasy. As if this day wants to make you aware of the fragile balance that exists in life. Harry is sleeping on the floor in the living room. Coffee is brewing. Its the kind of day that makes me want to reaffirm my connection to God, to something so much mightier than ordinary. We heard news that a friend of ours baby was born yesterday with a serious birth defect and will need surgery and a prolonged stay in the hospital. Hearing that news just upped my unsettled feeling. I can understand how they must be feeling and what they must be seeing around them in the hospital. I know they are leaning on faith and the knowledge that so many prayers are being said for this tiny new life. I know they must still be asking, if only in their own thoughts, "why God ?"
If you think of it, say a prayer for baby Kayla and her family. They are a young plain family and as is their way, they may not have insurance, so this will be difficult for them financially too.
It is a warm morning but still I want to wrap in a blanket on the sofa and feel some added security that comes from such a place.
The times we are living in right now are difficult and uncertain. We know we should support the economy by shopping to keep up the demand and thus help keep folks employed, but we want to save, be prepared, and build a stronger nest for what might come our way. Insecurity feels as though it has permeated every inch of our society and life as we once knew it.
But there is always light, there is always hope. There is always a better day coming and that is what we need to focus on and the knowledge. For me, I have my faith to carry me through this kind of day, this time in history.
Storm clouds and gray wool that reminds me of the sky

Comments

Tatersmama said…
My prayers are with this young family... and with you as well.
Aunt Jenny said…
I will sure pray for them too.
I love your new header picture....makes me feel likes spring!

Popular Posts