Busy Day


Weight watchers this morning....3.2 lbs lost bringing the total to 7.8 or something close to that.
After weight watchers, Melanie, her friend Megan, Mei-Ling and I headed off to Denny's for the free Grand Slam Breakfast. Funny that we went there right after Weight Watchers but we did good and made some substitutions so it worked well. Stood in line for 1 and 1/2 hours, but it was fun. Mei-Ling, the tiny one that she is, ate 3 kids pancakes, one egg and a sausage. Not sure where she put it all though.
Did some fabric shopping for some pot holders and an apron and then headed home. The lavender fabric was on sale and will work up nicely for an apron that I plan on donating.
Took Harry to the Vets, he was so good. Bad case of Kennel Cough, and/or he may have heartworms. Hoping its just kennel cough. He is on antibiotics and cough medicine so in a couple weeks we hope to see his symptoms gone. He is underweight as I thought and just needs some tender loving care to restore him to good health. $111. later we left the vets ! Money well spent.
I am praying hard that he doesn't have heartworms, the treatment is not so pleasant.
He had a nice bath, smells good now and is sleeping soundly in the sunshine. His cough medicine has made him sleepy. And by his reaction to me, which is simply to ignore me, I think he is holding a grudge for the bath and the shot !
A busy day. After a nice cup of coffee, it will be time to head out and do the evening chores. Looking forward to a nice quiet evening of knitting and chatting with the love of my life.
Life is indeed good.

Comments

Tatersmama said…
It sounds like a lovely start to a lovely day...
YAY on the fabric too, because finding nice stuff is always so good, isn't it!
And the Grand Slam Breakfast? Oh my... I'm so envious! I just can't figure where Mei Ling put that much food!
Ahhh... to be young again. :-)
Patty- I love your fabric choices - where did you find them?
I do hope your dog is just sick and gets better soon.
Lisa in Texas = )
Patty said…
Hi Lisa,
I got the fabric at Sandys Quilt shop, its now in Burleson near Albertsons, she used to be in Joshua
Thanks Patty! I knew she had a place up in Burleson but I did not realize that she had much fabric. When I heard about her store I heard that it was mostly machines. That is so nice to know. Thanks so much!!
Lisa in Texas = )
Phase II said…
Congratulations on the weight loss.
Its so hard.

Barbara

Popular Posts