Tomte Time

My kitchen table is covered with tomte in the making....at this point they are awaiting their tiny sweaters and hats and I need to get the deer skin down from the loft so I can make their wee boots. The new tomte will have leather boots since I have some scraps leftover from making moccasins. Here is a picture of one finished. There will be 8 more tomte running around my house soon, some will be knitting, some with a wheel barrow and I am sure there will be a happy jul bok among the tiny folk, I just need to figure out how I am going to make him.
The little tomte below, I made from a doll purchased from a dollar store. It had the perfect face to be transformed into a wee folk. A bit of Angora goat hair for his hair and beard and homespun for his hat. His clothes are made of felted wool, but since he is behind the tree, you can't see them !

Comments

carla said…
Those are adorable!
novascotiagal said…
I have to make myself some!. I love them. The Jul Bok too. - I looked into buying something, but there isn't much Scandinavian type stuff around here. They even closed the Ikea that was briefly located here years ago. So I have to make do... even though I don't have a lot of crafting time available. I can't get much ordering either - bringing things in from catalogs is very expensive. But you have me charged. I'll have to figure it out!
Marianna said…
Those are so cute!

Marianna

Popular Posts