Looking Into My World

The music......Loreena McKennitt "An Ancient Muse" the song "Caravanserai".....it stirs something deep in my soul, the desire to dance the morning through. The notes, exotic and ancient. The air...chilly, the kind that makes cheeks rosy red and brings life into you, an aliveness, if there is such a word. It makes you look up at the sky and see the blue, so deep and clear.
The sounds.....crows gathering in one tree nearby, thrilled with breakfast and sharing it with one another. They call to each other, noisy and so full of excitement.
The scents....wood smoke, mint tea next to me, lavender scent on my hands from picking some this morning. And then there is the scent of our home, a mixture of incense, wood smoke, spices lingering from the mornings meal.
The mood.... pensive, grateful, overflowing with love for family and for this life of ours, so simple and calm.
Irons in the fire.....new wool on the spinning wheel, colorful and lumpy bumpy, so different from the dark gray Shetland I just finished. A pound of fine, even yarn.
Tomte on the kitchen table. Heads glued on wooden bodies, pipe cleaner arms and legs waiting to be bound in flesh color embroidery floss, then tiny hats and sweaters knit on the smallest gauge knitting needles I could find.
A new song playing, "Kecharitomene" which comes from the angel Gabriel's salutation to Mary: "Chaire, Kecharitomene" (translated in the Latin Vulgate "Hail, Full of Grace"). The notes drawing me into visions of a place I visited, in a far off land...the very land where that very phrase was given.
Remembering the way the air felt, and the sand blowing. The oneness of the landscape color.
Clothes of the morning....jeans, wool socks, natural color. My favorite "Bummer Hummer" tee shirt and an old comfortable "hoodie" as they are called now. Bits of hay in the pockets.
The mood, absolute contentment and a feeling of freedom to be me.

Comments

I always enjoy your photos for both the subject matter and the artistic composition. This morning the black and white ones are my favorites--the textures are almost palpable.
I was planning to put on Loreena McKennitt today as music to enjoy while sewing. Since you mentioned it, I am playing "An Ancient Muse". I have her earlier albums on cassette and my old player has decided it won't work--guess its time to buy the albums on CD. I do have "Parallel Dreams". I could listen over and over to the ballad of Annachie Gordon." [Picture a young Sharon of the early 1960's strolling through the beech woods singing all the verses of "Barbary Allen"--a bit full of herself--you think?] I hope you have Loreena's Christmas album, "To Drive the Cold Winter Away"--track 3, "The King" gives me cold chills--the good kind.
By the way, do you have the music of John Michael Talbot? I haven't played it in awhile, but it is great for quiet reflection.
Patty said…
I have loved John Michael Talbots music for over 20 years. Replaced all those old blue cassetts a few years back with CD's. I have a pretty good collection of his stuff.
Dana and Daisy said…
I love the way that wool spun up! What will you make with it?

I trimmed my lavender today. The lady I got it from told me to do it in the fall. Hopefully I have not waited too long for the cuts to heal before icy weather. I hope to have a beautiful profusion of blooms next year, the second year for my plants.
RE casettes: I have so many, such good music and I've been loathe to throw them away as obsolete. I suppose there is a technology somehow to convert them to CD[?] Likely it would be beyond me.
Patty said…
I only get rid of them after they have "died" from old age. we purchased a new stereo system last year and it was hard to find one with a cassette player, but we did. A sony and its great.

Popular Posts