Saturday Joy


A steaming hot mug of Ricola hot tea, the smell of woodsmoke mixed with the scent of pine cones soaked with cinnamon oil in the basket next to me. Music to match the mood, XM radio "Spa" is playing songs just right for my day. Errands accomplished while the wind was blowing leaves off the trees in a manner that made me say to myself the lines from Clement Moore's "The Night Before Christmas".......
"As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,"
the leaves were doing just that, swirling and whirling across the roadways and mounting to the sky. It was fun being out and about in such blustery weather, but now that I am home and the fire is roaring, the tea is soothing, it feels perfect to be right where I am. I can see the smoke from the chimney floating by the window, being pushed about by the wind. There are still lingering moths fluttering about, looking for last bits of food and I fear they will not make it through the nights freeze. The sun is sinking low in the western sky, kissing the land and the trees with gold, so pure. Time to put my farm coat on and go do the evening chores. Its chilly enough that I might just put on my knitted barn bonnet too.
It has been a wonderful day of calming joy !

Comments

Jo Lynn said…
You have cinnamon oil? I have been searching everywhere for it. Where did you find yours?

Jo Lynn
Patty said…
at our local pharmacy, but I have seen it in the health food store too, with the essential oils

Popular Posts