Quiet Sunday

It's one of those easy days....a few chores to do, work on some crafts, sit by the fire sipping coffee next to my gentle man. Our conversation peppered with laughs, the kind of laugh that accents the mood just right with that comfortable feeling that comes from being with your best friend. Its so freeing to just be yourself with someone, no pretense, no fear...just love and acceptance.
Early on in the morning Emery took me to a yard sale down the road a bit, yielded great treasures for us. A large hobby horse for the grand-blessings. Its big and it makes a galloping sound with the help of some batteries. My own children loved their hobby horse dearly when they were little ones. And I found several good educational toys. A wooden book and several wooden puzzles, two books I used with my girls when they were babies by Glenn Doman . I even found a complete box of Cuisenaire rods for $3.
This afternoon I started planning the gnome garden I want to make on the north side of the house for Mei-Ling to play in when she visits. A place of imagination and discovery. Little doorways on tree trunks and toad stools with a gnome sitting under it. A magical place where her imagination can soar. Einstein said, "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. " I love that quote and I believe it too.
Dream a little and use your imagination. John Dewey said, "Every great advance in science has issued from a new audacity of the imagination. "

smoke from the chimney, easy breezy like the day
looking out the window in the living room. On the window sill sits my "new" tea pot from Goodwill. It's marked Korea on the bottom of it and its very heavy brass. Its been well used and I wonder how many cups of tea have been made in this pot and because of the Korea part, it makes me think of my dear friend Sunny when I see it. Its a good feeling.
The "new" hobby horse

Comments

I love your blog posts like this one - so homey and comforting.
Dana and Daisy said…
I heard a quote once but don't know who to attribute it to that said, "What is manifest must first be thought." I always thought that was a good one, too.

That Emery knows just how to spend the day with his girl!
Jo Lynn said…
What wonderful treasures you have found. You truly are blessed with your hubby, children and grandblessings. How is Priscilla feeling? Her due date is near right? They know what they are having? Or is it all a surprise?

You will have to share your gnome ideas. I would love to do something like that for my kiddos.

We were driving today to pick up something from freecycle and passed a house with the front yard full of little houses. Oh my imagination was going wild.

Thank you for your wonderful quotes. They do become my favorites, too.

Jo Lynn
Jo Lynn said…
only half your quote came through :-/

You don't have to post this comment Just letting you know.

Jo Lynn
Patty said…
Hi Jo Lynn, that should have read, she is NOT pregnant
Patty said…
Hi Jo Lynn, which quote is not complete ? both come through complete for me
Jo Lynn said…
Oh I must have misread it then. I thought her and Melanie were pregnant at the same time. I was devestated when Melanie lost hers. I know the heartache too well :(

Jo Lynn
Jo Lynn said…
Oh the response about Priscilla was incomplete.

Jo Lynn

Popular Posts