Family Supper

As soon as I posted a picture of the corn pudding, my phone rang, Steven saw it and had to tell me how good the pudding looked. I heard that "hint hint" tone in his voice. He wanted to come over for supper. He and Priscilla have had a busy week moving into their new home and its always difficult to do a lot of cooking when you are moving. I was more than happy to ask them to join us for supper. We had a nice meal of baked beans, brown bread, boiled new potatoes and some smoked turkey sausage with onions and of course the corn pudding. Dessert was pumpkin cream pie with whipped cream on top.
Little miss Elizabeth is such a sweetie. We enjoy her so much. She climbed up next to Grandpa tonight and he read her a story and then she wanted me to read her the very same story. Sure missed having my camera, it was a precious sight seeing them together enjoying the little story book and I would have loved capturing the moment.
As usual we had a good conversation and I am well reminded of just how blessed I am to have such wonderful children and children in law. Life is good !
With so many eggs on hand, I sent them home with 6 dozen.
Elizabeth, taken just a few weeks ago, before my camera decided to quit working

Comments

Dana and Daisy said…
When I think of Mei-Ling, I think of the soul of a person who has suffered so young and yet offers a warm smile and still has a twinkle in her eyes. When I think of Elizabeth, I think of the pure joy of being a child without the burdens of worry or pain.

You are so blessed to have such beautiful grandchildren in your family.

And that dinner sounds absolutely warm and filling. Delish!
Marci said…
SHe is ADORABLE. What a wee little lady!!! I can't imagine you (or me for that matter) without a camera. I must have missed what happened to it. I will go back and read.
Irresistible Elizabeth. What a joy grandchildren are. All of them. My nearly a year old Sofia is visiting with her Mother and we had fun playing last night. He parents actually began reading books to her before she was born. Isn't it a blessing to love good books. And what a comfort food menu your dinner was, just perfect for people in the midst of moving.
She's adorable. Both little ladies are.
Grandchildren are such a blessing, and I am going to be blessed with my sixth grandson next month.
Today, the five year old told his mother he wants a toolbox and blueprints to make a time machine for Christmas. When his mom said she didn't think there were blueprints available, he said, "I'm sure Santa has some". I love the innocent faith of a child!
Grancy

Popular Posts