Goat Milk

Oprah was great today, all about the "Blue Zones" the places where folks live the longest. I was thrilled to hear this...." Sardinians also drink goat's milk, which is high in calcium and good for your heart. "Plus, researchers believe it could protect against Alzheimer's and heart disease," Dr. Oz says.Not only is goat's milk healthy, it's easier for your stomach to digest and is also good for people who are lactose intolerant. "It has tryptophan, that same sort of mellowing agent that turkey has," Dr. Oz says. "The fat particles in goat milk are much smaller than in cow milk, so you don't have to mix it up. And when you mix up fat globules, in some people it makes enzymes that irritate your stomach." Goat's milk is available in most grocery store dairy departments—just look for it in a smaller size than a gallon."
The entire show had wonderful information, but I the goat milk information was extra sweet for me.

Comments

Dana and Daisy said…
I watched that program also and thought I need to exercise my leg muscles more. After watching my aunt have to go through physical therapy to learn to walk again, I could see how weak her legs had become and how much harder it was for her.
Momzoo said…
As soon as we buy a farm I am going to gets some milking goats! I will have to show my hubby your post, he is a little grossed out by the idea of drinking goats milk. I honestly don't understand why...
Margo in Maine said…
I happened to catch it today and always enjoy Dr Oz...I eaten goat when I was a kid and eaten goat cheese but never tried the milk...a family about 2 miles for us raised champion Nubiens because their children could not drink cows milk...interesting info...Maine
Hi Patty,
I liked your pot holders and I have been wanting to make some too. Got some cute chicken material from Walmart. I was wondering if the edge is binding or is that the back folded over? Thanks. Nancy
Patty said…
Hi Nancy,
Its the backing folded over.
Debra said…
I loved the show, too, and was inspired to make my own 'blue zone' on our little farm over time. It's nice that it's the most basic--and inexpensive (all things considered)-- ideas which are usually the best and healthiest. Blessings, Debra

Popular Posts