Mei-Ling today

Here are a few pictures of Mei-Ling at home recovering. She was up walking for part of the time I was there. A bit sore though, she would grimace when she went to sit down. She played a little peek a boo with me when she was snuggled under her quilt and enjoyed some blueberry bread toasted that I brought over to her. I have to say, Melanie is the most fantastic mother, her compassion and calmness over all that she has to do for the baby is profound. And I would say that even if she wasn't my daughter !
I finished the quilt in a way that it would be ready to use at the hospital, but in a way that leaves room to add the quilt blocks yet to come. I left enough batting and backing tucked inside for when the rest of the blocks arrive, so when it needs to be made bigger I can just remove the binding (which has more tucked in too) at one end and add on. Everyone that saw the quilt at the hospital was in awe of its beauty and its meaning.
I just know all your prayers and well wishes have made a huge difference. Thank you all so much.

Comments

Janette said…
Wonderful to see her up. What a trooper!
Dana and Daisy said…
I am so surprised to see her up and moving about already. And she looks so tiny wrapped up in the quilt.
Ruth Ann said…
I am so glad to see beautiful Mei Ling up and about. She is a precious child and you are so lucky to have her! She is really lucky tohave you, too!!!!!

Ruth Ann
rosellafan said…
so great to see Mei-Ling up and getting around and doing so well...
she has been in my prayers and will continue to be..

Sincerely,
Paula Westbrook
Jackson, TN
Cathi said…
God bless her. I know what it's like to have a fragile grandchild. Mine is an 8 year old boy with Cerebral Palsy & Dystonia. He's undergone many grueling surgeries and almost always has a smile on his face. God does take care of these special children.
Renee said…
So glad to hear Mei-Ling is up and getting around; she is adorable!. The quilt is beautiful, just beautiful.
Towanda said…
Oh what lovely pictures -- I admire her spunky spirit after what she has been through. Still praying for her complete recovery...

Popular Posts