Thanksgiving Day


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. Dawn from On A Quest For Plain Living joined our family for dinner with her husband. It was wonderful getting to know her husband Robert too. He is a delightful young man. I had met Dawn before at the Mennonite church we used to attend. She is new to this area and has been visiting that church some and learning some about what its like to attend a plain church.
The children were here with their families, except for Melissa and James. We missed them so much. Holidays are so difficult when you can't be together due to distance. Nearing supper time, friends of Melanie and Casi's came by to say hello and I suspect to check out the pies ! Young men are such a joy to feed !
It was a day for Thankfulness. There is so much to be thankful for. I cooked and baked for two days so in a way, I was thankful to just be able to sit down !
Melanie and Priscilla each contributed to the meal and that was a huge blessing for me.

Comments

Like you, I have two days of cooking under my belt too! But I now have about 4 days of meals in the fridge!!

Your pies look scrumptious, and your family, beautiful! So glad you had a lovely day.
Dawn said…
I forgot to take a piece of apple pie with me. :-(
Hubby and I had a wonderful time and we were blessed and thankful for your hospitality! :-)

Enjoy your leftovers...if there are any left. :-)

God Bless your weekend!
Susan Godfrey said…
Looks like you had a feast! It must have been so nice to share dinner with Dawn, she seems like such a sweet person from her blog. We really need to do a Texas meetup!

Popular Posts