Mei-Ling Update

It was hard today to watch Mei-Ling not feeling all that great...struggling to get comfortable. Seeing her cry when she has her stoma cleaned at diaper changing time. She was cute today though, I asked her how she was doing and she said in such a tiny little voice, "it good day". So many hard things in her life and she still thinks its a good day. A lesson for us all. She loves her new quilt and had her baby all covered up with her new doll quilts. So cute.

Mei-Ling still needs prayer...the Doctor called today and the culture came back from the time of her surgery, she still has a BAD urinary tract infection. She is on her 3rd antibiotic for it. If it doesn't clear up, it will mean I.V. antibiotic and a hospital stay.

Comments

Diana said…
I am sorry you removed it. I thought it was one of the most transparent posts you have written in a long time. I believe your words struck a familiar chord with many of us.
Diana
Oh, Patty, I am sorry to hear about Mei-Ling's infection. What a brave little girl. And one with the gift of a sunny personality, I think, which will help her all through her life. And also the gift of being surrounded by people who love her dearly and will care for her. I'm praying for all of you, but especially Mei-Ling's mother and father.
Janette said…
Prays continue like the warth of the quilt. A good day- every day that God provides is a good day- out of the mouth of a baby!
Val said…
I am still praying for Mei-Ling. She is precious.
Renee said…
My family and I will be praying for Mei-Ling and all of you. My heart goes out to all of you.
Margo in Maine said…
My heart aches for this precious little one...a little 4 year old cancer child who lost a kidney, 12" of bowel and is on chemo was heard to say when seeing a rainbow, "I have been waiting for this" and another time walking down the hospital corrider 'life is so hard'...my heart breaks...will lift her before the throne of God for a complete healing touch...Maine

Popular Posts