Tuesday Happenings, nothing profound





After rushing off to Weight Watchers, I lost 2 lbs this week, I headed off to have my hair cut. New beginnings need new hair styles for me....nothing drastic, just a couple inches off. Picked up Melanie and Mei-Ling for a leisurely lunch. Mei-Ling is such a good baby, she is a joy to take places. Smiles at everyone. She is now getting up on her knees when you lay her on her tummy so I suspect crawling is not too far off. The wee one is 6 months old now. She is sitting up well and says "mom" and says "Hi" every time her moms cell phone rings. At first we didn't believe she was really saying it, so I called Melanie's cell phone 7 time in a row and Mei-Ling never failed to say "hi" in her sweet, quiet voice. It amazes me how much joy there is in each and every day. Simple, rather ordinary days hold such wonder. Mei-Ling fell asleep while I was holing her, looking like she was thinking, "Oh dear, what a tough day."
Well, I was amazed for sure when I went to sort out my Scandinavian and German trims and braids today. I had no idea there was so much of it, but its so pretty and not easy to find so when I see it, I get it. Need to do some justifying there : ) Still unsure what I will do with it all but have lots of projects in mind.
The kittens are growing so fast. We lost one more this week, not sure what it died from. Momma cat doesn't seem to be the best mother.
Grasshoppers are busy eating all the flowers in the yard. As you can see they are making quite a meal of these flowers.

Comments

JacquiG said…
Congrats on the 2lbs! I can't believe that Mei-Ling is 6 months already. Where did that time go?! She is a little angel!
Nan said…
That is just SO cute. I would have called that many times, too, just to hear it!

Popular Posts