A Trip to Ikea




For a couple years now I have wanted to go shopping at the Ikea store, but something always comes up when I plan to go and before I knew it, my plans have grown old and weary. Today was the day though to change all that. Emery hardly ever takes Saturdays off from work, so when he took yesterday off to experience some Texas history, I figured he would want to spend the day today working around the place, but he surprised he with plans to head off to Ikea.
What a fun day....shopped for a baby crib for the grandchildren to sleep in when they are visiting and Emery let me pick out my Christmas presents ! It will be hard to keep them hidden until December 25th. They had Christmas decorations out too, some tomte wrapping paper and little ornaments jumped into the cart so I had to buy them.
We had a great lunch, Emery had salmon and I had Swedish meatballs. We split a dessert and watched the people coming and going while we ate.
I could become a loyal customer to Ikea, I love the clean lines of all their furniture and the bright colors for the linens. Now I wouldn't mind doing my entire house over with things from that store. Maybe when things need replacing, I might just shop up there. The prices are so reasonable.

Comments

Gullebarn said…
No fair, no fair, no fair! I would love to have an Ikea anywhere near here! I have never been, and considering my family background (dad born & raised in Stockholm, mom's grandparents immigrated from Dalarna)I drool over the Ikea website all the time.
Marci said…
I guess I need to get out more. I never heard of IKEA.
Pearl said…
I miss Ikea, although they are opening one here in Cincinnati, in the spring. When we lived in Texas I loved the drive from Arlington to Ikea. We have many things from Ikea. I am glad you got to go. Also I found your blog from Marci and I am catching up on past entries.

Popular Posts