Sundays Second Hike, Mineral Wells, Texas





A couple of the trails at Mineral Wells were closed so our hiking was limited there. The water was beautiful today in the lake so we hiked down to the waters edge to take some pictures and just sit for a bit. The Prickly Pear Cactus fruit is ripe now and so pretty. I have made some great jelly with the fruit but its not much fun to pick. It grows all over the place around here, many of our friends have pastures full of it, which they are more than happy to let me pick.
We saw two young deer on the way out of the park. It was not possible to get their pictures since the camera was not handy when we saw them, but what grace and beauty they showed us.
We came home tired, went to lock up the chickens and found two fat possums in the hen house. Not a good thing to find. They have been eating all our eggs so lets just say they were not a welcome sight. Live traps had been set !
We should be getting eggs again now.

Prickly Pear Cactus
The trail
The lake
And finally the ride home, gas wells every mile, the horizon lit up with tower after tower

Comments

Carrie J said…
What beautiful scenery. My oldest just left moving to Tx this past weekend. I am really going to miss him but it will give me a chance to visit. I haven't been there since I was a kid.

Popular Posts