Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Winter Gnomes and Elf Slippers


Since I packed away all the Autumn decorations, including the gnomes, I made some Christmas gnomes last night for the children to play with. They are so tiny, about 2 inches tall without their hats. The girls braids are made of embroidery floss braided.
Today I finished up the elf slippers for Yen, they are so simple to make, the very same pattern my mother used to make slippers for me when I was a child. Just knit a square and sew up the bottom and halfway up one side, fold over the top and you have a pair of slippers. I put bells on the toes of Yens and even though I sewed them on very very well, we are not going to let him get his feet near his mouth !
Love this time of the year, so many fun things to make for the holidays.

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

How big of a square do you make? for the slippers? I'm thinking my little nephew would like a pair for Christmas.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010  
Blogger Patty said...

I usually make the square an inch or so longer than the length of the foot, that way you have room for the pointed end of the slipper

Tuesday, November 30, 2010  
Blogger Becky said...

THANKS!!!!

Wednesday, December 01, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home