Time for Meadow Tea


It was hot working in the garden this morning, after an hour or so I had a dripping forehead. The thought of turning the hose on myself did cross my mind a time or two, but instead I went to the mint patch and gathered up a bunch of mint to make Meadow Tea. In my mint patch I have several kinds of mint, apple mint, chocolate mint, spearmint, candy mint, ginger mint, pineapple mint and some bee balm growing in there too. On the way back to the house I stopped by the Holy Basil and picked a few sprigs to add to the tea. For an added treat, I put a bit of lavender in there too.
The house smells wonderful and after a big tall glass I feel so invigorated that I am heading right back out to the garden to do a bit more weeding !

This recipe has NO measurements
The name is from going to the meadow and picking stuff to put in a tea.
It's made many ways but always involves going out to the mint patch and picking a few kinds of mint. I have lots of apple mint and a few other kinds growing. Including chocolate mint. I pick a bunch of the mint, assorted mostly. Although Apple mint alone is everyone's favorite. I wash it good, set a big pot of water on to boil, add some sugar to the water, then add the washed mint and let it simmer for a bit. (I know its ready when the whole house smells minty) I strain it all with my milk filter, the one used for filtering our goat milk ! Pour it into a gallon glass jar, add some additional water to make it come to a gallon, pour over lots of ice. So refreshing.

It can be made with honey or agave nectar in place of sugar, but my family likes the sugar best. Its so nice to have on a hot summer day or just any sort of day.

Comments

Popular Posts