Happy Mothers Day

Breakfast in bed, Stripples (vegetarian bacon substitute) toast and orange juice, perfume, a card that says it all, and a brand new Mantis 4 cycle tiller for me, Starbucks, a fern, out to eat at our favorite Chinese restaurant, all gifts of the heart from my gentle man. The man of my dreams for nearly 30 years now. Birds still sing over our head when we are together, just picture an old Disney movie where there is love and you can picture how it feels in our hearts.
Last night, a card, roses and a gift certificate to the Spiral diner, gifts of love from my son. A hug from this young man, says it all to me. A once small wounded child that didn't feel safe in loving anyone, now a grown man, loving family and a loving son, healed of the pain no child should ever have to experience.

Melissa called early this morning to find out if Dad is keeping up the long time tradition of giving me breakfast in bed. We laugh thinking about all the breakfasts the girls so happily brought to me through the years. Sitting on the bed watching me eat each bite, anxious for my approval, which they always got no matter what it tasted like : ) A card and letter from her arrived sharing from her heart, it brought tears, the beauty of her words describing our bond. Her gift, profound. I am so blessed.
Melanie and Casi, just down the road, I wish all my children were so close at hand. These two gave gifts of plants for my garden. Melanie remembered me saying how much I loved this certain plant on one of our shopping trips together. My children all know me so well. Each gift just the thing I would love from them. And beyond that, there are the memories we can talk about, the Mothers Days through time...always fun, well there was one Mothers Day when they invited a family to come over for Breakfast, breakfast that I would have to cook. A big Amish breakfast all before we would head off to church at 9 am. That was a working mothers day, but what I learned was that my children knew that it was always o.k. to invite people over, that our home was always open. I love that they knew that and still do.

The music of the day, XM radio "The Loft"...soft and easy sounds that match the mood and the sun and shadow sort of day it is. Cool, clear and slow. Wind in the trees. Sipping my Starbucks Honey Latte feels right, it is a special day.
Here are some pictures from our easy day

Comments

Mimi said…
You had a Happy Mother's Day indeed!!!
~Bren~ said…
Happy Mother's Day Patty!
Thank you for sharing your hug from your son! I am encouraged.
The dB family said…
Happy Mother's Day Patty!

Your blog is wonderful! It soothes my weary soul many days. I am so glad you have continued blogging!

Blessings!
Iowa Gal said…
What a wonderful day for you!! I just love your pictures and am wondering what kind of perfume did you receive? What is in an Amish breakfast??
Patty said…
Hi Iowa Gal,
The parfum,elizabeth Ardens Red Door, a long time favorite of mine.
If you click the words Amish Breakfast in the post it will take you to the recipe that I made that mothers day morning.
Carole said…
Happy Mother's Day ! Here it will be on the 25th, and the girls have been very excited about the gifts they're preparing at school, trying hard not to reveal what it is but really wanting to at the same time... and they've been showering me with their drawings and little attentions. So sweet ! And I bet that when they are grown-ups, things will pretty much be the same as for you - or at least I very much hope so :-)
Ladybug's Mom said…
Happy Mother's Day! I just wanted to take an opportunity to thank you, although we have never met, I have enjoyed your blog for a few months now. I am the mother of two small children (5 and 2) and your have helped me to realize that my husband and I are laying the ground work today for the adults they will become tomorrow. I can only hope that someday I am blessed with adult children as wonderful as yours. Blessings!
Annie said…
I came by to wish you a late Happy Mothers day and I am delighted to hear that it could not have been any better, You are deserving of many days just like the one you had on Mothers Day Sunday!
Blessings,
Annie
The Stricklands said…
OK - I am in love - with your goats! They have the cutest faces ever. I am so glad that you are back. You make every day a little sweeter.
Mary
JenJen said…
I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day. :)

Red Door is some good stuff! ;)

~JM

Popular Posts