Living Spherically

This past Mothers Day I got a letter from my oldest daughter and one of the things she wrote was this..."I love how you are fun, always have an adventure going on, and are cool enough to go get a beer with or cultured enough to go out to a cafe for lunch and look the part. " I loved what she wrote and all the other wonderful things she said, but this one sentence pretty well defines my approach to life. Live Spherically !
Please don't be shocked, that on Saint Patrick's day I have gone out with my girls for a green beer, they are after all grown up. We like to embrace our Irish roots and that is just one of our more silly ways to do it.
This past week I have reminded myself to dress a bit nicer for my husband, to set pretty place settings once again. We can get out of the habit of doing things nice or in the reverse, some folks forget to live a bit more simply at times. The real point of life is to not live in just one direction at all times, living like that can result in tunnel vision or missing out on some positive interaction with another. I never have been a person that walks in just one direction, just reads one kind of books, enjoys only one style of art, or eats just one kind of food. I dress differently for different occasions, and I am comfortable in many different settings. I certainly am an advocate of living spherically. If you read my blog for any length of time, you will know that about me. It is who I am.

Comments

~Bren~ said…
I certainly have learned this from you!!! Thank you for the wonderful life lessons!
Kelley said…
Patty, this is something that I need to learn to do...
I get in such ruts sometimes and need to learn to break out them and do something different!
Thank you for this wonderful post!
Have a wonderful and blessed Lord's Day!

Popular Posts