Well Loved Baby Quilt



When my girls were born, their grandmother, Helen Lockwood, made them each quilts. She is a wonderful seamstress and it shows in everything she has ever made. Each stitch so carefully sewn. She made Melissa two baby quilts, each backed in flannel. This one in the picture has kitties made out of non destructible polyester. Perfect for all use it received through time. The second quilt she made had embroidered blocks, each with a scene from a popular nursery rhyme.
For Melanie, she made a larger quilt, almost twin size, with a little puppy poking his head out of the blanket with floppy ears. Her quilt is packed away in the attic with Melissa's other quilt. This yellow one, somehow managed to get put in my cedar chest in the living room and I found it today when looking for some old issues of Victoria Magazine, (I sure miss that magazine).
I could almost smell that sweet baby smell on the quilt.
Perhaps it was just my imagination, or just my memories, with a bit of a sigh as....they grow so fast.

Comments

Finn said…
Hi Patty, nothing like having your child be a year old to get those baby memories flowing. The quilt is beautiful, the love shines out from each piece of fabric and stitch. It's a real treasure for a "someday" 'nother baby...*VBS*

Popular Posts