Spring in Texas is not alwas Fun




















Spring with all the new life and beauty comes with a price here in Texas. Severe storms !
Tonight we are expecting bad storms, thunder and lightening, complete with hail, high winds and the possibilty of tornados.
There is always an uneasy feel to things when we know there is the possibilty of bad storms. People look up at the sky more often, you see people poking their heads out their front door and feeling the air and checking the clouds. Weather radio batteries are checked.
Here are some pictures of spring clouds that tell us to be watchful. One picture shows Melanie's hand holding some hail that fell last spring. In this area the hail can be baseball size. We have been blessed by seeing only this size at our house, and even at that its only been a few, never any damage.

We feel the mercy of God each and every time bad storms arrive.
Last year we had 8 funnel clouds go over our house. We could hear their powerful force in what sounded like a huge train coming but not one cloud lowered over our house. Not one bit of damage.

Comments

Granny said…
Patty: We're supposed to get the bad weather tomorrow. I'll say a prayer for you all tonight and you can do the same for me tomorrow. I'll be watching the weather real closely tomorrow!

Judy L.
Pam said…
Same here...bad weather is in the forecast. I understand about the Texas weather because I'm originally from Texas, however, I never freted too much about it until I moved to Oklahoma. I am one of those who stands out on the porch looking at the sky. I'll be praying for you all!

Grace & Peace
Anonymous said…
I've never seen clouds like that before (in your first 2 pics) - amazing! We get huge hailstones too but only about twice a year luckily. A couple of hours further south they get it really badly with lots of damage.

Popular Posts